Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Please Mr. Postman

So my question this week is "What is the deal with our postman?" Everyday I run to the mailbox to see if we've received our clearance from the FBI and .... NOTHING. It's easy to fool oneself into believing that my mind is occupied by other things. But as soon as that truck whirs around the corner and I hear that "thinkity-thunk" of the mail being quickly placed in the mailbox outside our door, my heart races. Are we on the waiting list TODAY? Is this it? And every flippin' time it's a collection of things that are nowhere near as interesting as our "adoption conception". (It's sexy in its own way, folks.) The unusually long gestational period is waiting to begin with the arrival of this one form.

Seriously, I think the postman is messing with us. Now that I think of it, I think I saw him on America's Most Wanted.

~K

1 comment:

Amy said...

I bet you get it by the end of this week. Remember, Monday was a holiday in this great state. And, it probably doesn't help that this is the week that you are on vacation, right? I have their email address, so if you don't receive it in the next few days, let me know! They were very responsive last fall :)

Amy