Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Last Homestudy Meeting and a New Year!

Greetings! Tomorrow is a big day ~ our last homestudy meeting. This one, however, is not at the WHFC office in Waltham, but in our home. Today is a whirlwind of cleaning and making sure all our smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors are working. Our two designated kid rooms are presently 1) a guest room and 2) a storage room. So definitely not nursery stage yet, though that would be a silly thing to start now, as we have a long way to go until that point. That said, however, my mind is beginning to consider possibilities/colors/designs.

We just got back from our whirlwind tour of Virginia/Pennsylvania (okay, PA was only a few hours...sorry PA family--we'll stay longer next time--we had to get back in time to clean this year for our meeting...It stunk not having more time to visit you all and relax.) On our way back, we listened to a podcast about organizing and designing rooms based on zones; essentially, how to make your living space fit you and work in an organized way. I got quite inspired, and am thinking more about each space, particularly my office space, which I barely use now. I'd love to use it to get back into my art.

This past summer, with Ryan's persistent loving urging (and ultimately his signing me up behind my back) I took a wonderful watercolor course at the small art museum here in Framingham. Ryan rocks. I LOVED the course. It was 5 full days in a row, during one of the hottest weeks of the summer, and I happily painted for about 8 hours each day. Once the course was over, though, I stopped. I'm having trouble getting back into the zone, and I think if I get my office space more inviting, I'll feel that urge to return to that great place. I'm quite inspired to work on this. I abandoned my visual artist side almost as soon as I left high school, and painting and drawing again felt like reuniting with an old, dear friend. I'd love to make that a regular part of my life again.

Hope the New Year brings forth inspiration to each of you to enjoy what makes you most happy! We are incredibly lucky to have such a supportive and delightfully wacky (in the best sense) constellation of friends and family cheering us on. We look forward to the day that we introduce you to our children!

Lots of love,
Katrina

No comments: