Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February 10, 2010

I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow so I can catch up on some work around the house. Things are very busy - in both adoptionland and otherwise. We got together for dinner last weekend with a couple of friends who are adopting, we had an awesome dinner at a local Ethiopian restaurant. (Thanks to both of them for the recipes, which I can't wait to try.) I'm not sure I have the kitchen equipment to make the bread - I'll have to check the recipes . . .

Concerning adoption: it feels perhaps not like a sea of adoption papers, but perhaps a nice, healthy stream, that flows through our house and finds its way into little piles (or perhaps "pools" is more accurate since I'm going with the water analogy). I don't feel like I'm going to be at a loss for paperwork this month. I am eternally grateful to my workplace for the numerous notary publics who have offices throughout our campus. I probably owe them a lunch or two. Maybe a nice fruitbasket or jelly-of-the-month club, the latter of which is the gift that keeps on giving - the whole year. I'm also indebted to my workplace for after-hours use of its fax machine and scanner. Otherwise I'd rent out workspace at the local Kinkos, or I would be hiring a private Milton for the home, red stapler, flair and all.

2 comments:

Holli said...

I hear ya on the "pools" of paperwork and the gratitude for a notary public at work.

As for the injera -- pick up the authentic stuff (made with tef) in the South End -- you'll love it.

Kelly said...

The paperwork is seemingly never-ending. I, too, was lucky to have a notary in my office, which saved us at least one step.