Monday, February 1, 2010

I need me-birthday ideas!


So this is the year of my 39th birthday. (I think...I always have to check with Ry, as he can remember my age better than I. I could never understand how my Dad could forget his age, and after I hit 30, I turned into him. Without the plaid shirts.)

I love getting together with folks, but I really want to do something different this year for my big day, but don't know what that is. 40 is approaching and peering around the corner, and my plan is to show it I'm boss. I'm wracking my brains for ideas on what to do. Any thoughts or suggestions? Ry said, "What would you like to do?" and I just sat there empty-headed and finally said, "I don't know. But it's gotta be something great!" Note that it will be on the last day of my school break, and I can't stay out late due to school the next day. Also, as most of you probably know, I'm not a huge drinker.

As Winnie the Pooh said once while deep in thought, "Think...think..think, think, think...."

Speaking of Winnie the Pooh, here's a great New Yorker cartoon...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

A special fancy dinner somewhere you normally wouldn't go? Or a spa day? Or save the celebration for a weekend and go somewhere for a quick overnight trip? Whatever you do, happy birthday!

InventingLiz said...

Don't know if this is your thing or not, but for my 30th birthday I went skydiving - I was feeling the same need to show 30 who was boss! For my 40th birthday I started seriously considering adoption, so that one is out...